It’s time once again to submit nominations for RPMDA’s “Dorothy” Award, named for Dorothy Hutchinson, former executive secretary/treasurer and charter member of RPMDA. During her too-brief life, she epitomized the finest that our industry has to offer, says the organization. Dorothy served her community and music education, she was an active participant in promoting good dealer/publisher relations, and was an ethical businessperson who generously shared information with her fellow dealers. Her example of hard work and high standards make the “Dorothy” Award RPMDA’s highest honour.
Most recent winners of the “Dorothy” include: , Kevin Cranley of the Willis Music Co., Keith Mardak of the Hal Leonard Corporation, Richard Gore of Pender’s Music, Morty and Iris Manus of Alfred, Bruce Bush of the Hal Leonard Corporation, Frank Hackinson of FJH Music, and most recently, Eric Strouse, Stanton’s Music.
If you would like to nominate someone in our print music industry, either a dealer or commercial member, for this award, submit a short nominating essay (300-500 words) to RPMDA headquarters by March 6, 2017. Keep these factors in mind when describing your nominee’s qualifications:
- A lifetime of service to friends and family, community, and the print music industry
- Promotion of ethical business standards and policies.
- Setting high standards for customer relations and service, as well as dealer/publisher relations.
- Personal integrity
- The encouragement and support of music education
- Innovation in business, with a vision for the future.
Send your nomination by March 6, 2017 to:
RPMDA “Dorothy” Award
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to www.printmusic.org.